Saturday, September 13, 2008

My morning window


Though it's a bit off topic for my blog, a friend of mine sent me a meme and passed it on to me: publish a picture of what you see through your window when you wake up. I don't read enough blogs by people I know to pass it on again, but this is my typical morning window. A grey day in London - fancy that! In the mornings I look out to see what sorts of wildlife I can find. Usually it's cats, but once there was a fox (see photo below). The dark curtains are for keeping summer morning light (which starts at 4am) out. They are material for making saris. I got them in Vancouver several years ago and they used to hang on my wall in university. Now they are bleached by the sun on one side (the rooms faces south), but I like them, so they are here to stay. Outside the window is a view of the many gardens our neighbors keep. Typical London. Overgrown and wild. The elderberries are just past peek and we're trying to salvage tomatoes, but mostly it's a losing battle because we can't mow the lawn - it rains almost every day.

No comments: