Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pancakes make me drool

I talk about drooling a lot. I'm drooling right now at the smells wafting up from the kitchen as Piglet 2 cooks up something yummy. But pancakes - the thought and sight and smell of them - really gets me. I love them so much - the American, fluffy version. As a child I would eat enormous stacks with grade A Canadian maple syrup and butter. Mmm... My grandfather would make them on Sundays. After lots of practice I've developed quite a knack with the spatula, but don't eat much of them here across the pond in the UK. I was browsing the cool blog Dooce.com and found this:



It's absolutely brilliant. Now go out there and make pancakes!

In the UK they have Pancake Day (otherwise known more officially as Shrove Tuesday, which is the day before Lent) and we Pigs like to celebrate with savoury and sweet pancakes until we're suffering from food coma and rolling under the table.

On another note, I'm briefly back in the UK after an amazing trip to the regions of Asturias and Galicia in northwestern Spain, all along the coast, munching on seafood, meat, nectaries, plums and stunning bread. Next stop is Poland for a couple of days... Heavy food in large portions and lots of beer await. Stay tuned for news of galician delights!

No comments: